[Gllug] [OT] UK Crikey

Richard Cottrill richard_c at tpg.com.au
Fri May 24 16:43:57 UTC 2002

Does anyone know of a UK analogue to crikey.com.au ?

Crikey's a slightly free news/gossip web site and mailing list covering all
kinds of dirty linen that vested interests would like to keep quiet. It can
tend a little far to the right wing for my tastes (still a bit left of
Labour though); but still an excellent read. If you want to know why
Westfield's malls in the UK are interesting then take a peek: they've got
enough skeletons in the closet to fill a graveyard. The thing that makes
crikey different to, say the drudge report (if it still exists), is that the
claims have to be credible and interesting (so and so is sleeping with so
and so's wife doesn't cut it).

I figure that the Australian politicians' corruption is way behind the pros
here and I guess there must be all kinds of stuff in this town. The
mainstream news is so tame that there must be a lot more than the few
squeaks about gun runners wanting passports etc.

This is soooo far off topic that I'd prefer that any replies came back
off-list. Even I have limits.

Thanks all,

Richard

---

	it is electricity connected to itself, if it hath wires
	it is a vast Spiderweb
	and I am on the last millionth infinite tentacle of the spiderweb, a
worrier
	lost, separated, a worm, a thought, a self...

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk