[Gllug] OT good sites for streaming audio

Richard Cottrill richard_c at tpg.com.au
Tue May 14 10:13:39 UTC 2002

See the link below for the full story http://www.saveinternetradio.org

>From my (quick) reading it only directly effects the US, but the domino
effect (funny how it applies to American actions, but not the actions of
their enemies - ah, the clarity of hindsight) dictates it will be adopted in
Australia as well (Australian IT policy is one of my pet hates in a
veritable menagerie), and stands a good chance of getting up in the EU and
elsewhere.

What seems to have happened is that dodgy bureaucrats don't trust any of the
lobby groups (quite wise) and have decided to find the best evidence they
can (which there isn't any of) and have reached a really crap decision
(quite unwise). It's all going to hell really.

Richard

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk