[Gllug] gtk+ or Qt? (or others?)

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Sat May 11 18:33:13 UTC 2002

On Sat, 11 May 2002, Dave Jones said:
> I've not looked at gtk2 at all yet, so I'm not sure what the plans are
> for backwards compatability. Ie, will both gtk1.2 and gtk2 need to be
> installed, or will gtk2 offer limited functionality for those apps.

There's no way gtk2 will work for 1.2 apps; there are *major* interface
differences (even the basic object type has changed).

> (Don't even get me started on libxml and backwards compatability)

libxml is not the problem. libgal, *that*'s the problem. And
libgnomeprint.

--
`Look at him; the body of a nuclear physicist and the brain
 of a professional wrestler.' --- Kieran (lightly edited)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk