[Gllug] Linux laptop?

Matt Amos matt.amos at ic.ac.uk
Fri May 24 09:32:36 UTC 2002

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 11:51:39AM +0100, Matt Amos wrote:
> On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 03:56:17PM +0100, Simon Stewart wrote:
> > It's coming in the next major release of OS X, but Apple have already
> > given out the minimum specs that need to be met to get OpenGL
> > acceleration.
>
> and my iBook doesnt meet them <sob/>...

but the new iBooks *do*, and are the *same*price* as when i bought mine a
few weeks ago, but have 700MHz processors and a Radeon instead of a Rage.
is it too naive to expect hardware companies to warn us a few weeks before
they bring these things out? i feel almost cheated now, since i would have
waited for the newer one before parting with one and a half grand...

cya,

matt, whose resentment will fade in time...

--
"In Cupertino they make the prettiest (or weirdest) boxes for their
machines, but they've only moved sideways or backward in terms of

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk