[Gllug] Evolution and IMAP

Mark Lowes hamster at korenwolf.net
Fri May 24 10:25:44 UTC 2002

On Fri, 2002-05-24 at 11:07, John Hearns wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-05-24 at 11:29, Simon Stewart wrote:
> > This is something that's been irking me a little. I store my mail on an
> > IMAP server (Courier IMAP, FWIW) and when I'm at home use Evolution as
> > my mail client. When I close evo and re-start it, all the messages in my
> > INBOX are marked as read. This is just plain wrong, imho, as I've not
> > read them in the client.
> >
> It is just plain wrong! - my Evolution doesn't behave like this.

Same here, running various versions on three machines backending onto a
couple of IMAP stores without this problem.

> I am running 1.0.5.99 by the way - maybe upgrade your version?

everything from 1.0.0 -> .4 has worked here without a problem.  I
suspect a problem with the IMAP store itself.

--
The Flying Hamster <hamster at korenwolf.net>
http://www.korenwolf.net/

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk