[Gllug] Fireing up an external SCSI device once the system has started.

Colin Murphy SpudULike at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu May 23 08:45:58 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 22 May 2002 1:22 pm, tet at accucard.com wrote:

> Also, be aware that messing around with your SCSI chain while it's
> running is a dangerous business. Diconnecting a cable can potentially
> destroy your SCSI devices, controller, or both (although it's rare).
> I assume powering on a CD writer carries the same risks.

Does anyone want to add any weight to Tet's assumption please.

The external drive is very loud, even whne it's not rotating, which is why
I though the power switch was so handy.

What else should I know about SCSI then.  Changing cables when powered up I
think is wrong, but is this correct for both devices powered up or is it
OK if the external device is powered down?

--
Colin Murphy
SpudULike at blueyonder.co.uk

A man for all seasons, 'specially pepper.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk