[Gllug] Filesystems again :)

rich at annexia.org rich at annexia.org
Thu May 16 13:26:54 UTC 2002

On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 12:53:31PM +0200, John Hearns wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-05-16 at 11:37, pauln at truemesh.com wrote:
> > More pondering on how to do high availability storage :)
> >
> What do you mean by high availability storage?
>
> I'm quite interested in this area in general,
> but sadly have never had the chance to play with things
> like that :-(
>
> Not really related, but I went to a talk on storage by
> Steven Sicola of Compaq.
> Lots of cool stuff about big storage arrays,
> and replicating data between data centres etc.

Was this on Linux? What software was he using for the
replication? We are running some very large arrays here
using Linux / ext3, and I'd love to be able to replicate
them easily.

Rich.

--
rich at annexia.org | Is your school part of http://www.schoolmaster.net ?
BiblioTech Ltd, Unit 2 Piper Centre, 50 Carnwath Road, London, SW6 3EG.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk