[Gllug] Very large tape drive!

rdrinkwater rdrinkwater at dial.pipex.com
Tue May 21 12:20:19 UTC 2002

Morning,

This is definately off topic but I hate throwing kit away and it may be
of interest to somebody.

I have a 19" rack mounted, front loading, 2400 ft reel/reel tape drive to
jettison.  It has a SCSI interface (standard SCSI commands - tar - etc)
and can read/write tapes at 800, 1600, 3200 bpi + 6250 fci.  I also have
a load of 1200 and 2400 ft tapes to go with it.

Not used for about a year but was working perfectly (no guarantees
given!)

If anybody wants it (before it goes in the skip at the end of the month)
contact me off-list on 02082074433 or rdrinkwater at ego-computers.ltd.uk.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk