[Gllug] Bounces and Mailman

Martyn Drake martyn at alug.org.uk
Thu May 23 17:53:46 UTC 2002

The thing is, Mailman has built in bounce protection to avoid all this mess,
and what I don't understand is why Gllug's version of Mailman isn't doing
it's job at bounce detection.  In all my time installing and running the
mailing list for the Anglian Linux User Group (http://www.alug.org.uk), we
have never had a bounce go directly to the list.  The administrators are
notified if there are excessive bounces and Mailman automatically disables
the account for which the bounces originate from.

Why it isn't happing here I don't know, since I don't know how the list is
configured.  Also, noticing the version of Mailman that is used here, maybe
it's about time it gets upgraded since there have been many point releases
since 2.0.2.

Regards,

    Martyn