[Gllug] Reiserfs gotchas?

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Sun May 12 14:16:34 UTC 2002

Nix(nix at esperi.demon.co.uk)@Fri, May 10, 2002 at 10:57:09PM +0100:
> On Fri, 10 May 2002, Vincent AE Scott spake:
> > as for XFS, until very recently, there was a serious bug, that caused
> > some open files to get filled with NULL's on system hang.
>
> You sure this was an XFS bug? It sounds similar to a generic VFS bug
> that was fixed a while back, to me. (Warning: Fading memory, may be
> nonsense).

a quick check from the changelogs for XFS:

http://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/1.1_changelog.html

"Removed most synchronous transactions - faster deletes, fewer chances
for null files after a crash!"

but if its been done at the VFS layer aswell, maybe it was the
combination for me which caused it to happen more frequently.

-v

--
PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

 We're not any better; we've got our own set of nonstandardisms.
 Just not those ones.
 -- tom lane

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk