[Gllug] IMAPS

Jonathan Dye jonathan.dye at automationpartnership.com
Fri May 17 13:25:24 UTC 2002

Hi,

Does anyone know if IMAPS does password authentication in an encrypted
session or is that done before the tunnel is set up?

If the authenticaion is not encrypted then can anyone suggest how I could do
something like this?

Also, off topic I guess but does anyone know what Outlook Express (or
Outlook but I haven't looked) means when it says 'Use secure password
authentication' in the user credentials panel of the mail account settings?
It's not IMAPS because that is on a different page.

JD

Jonathan Dye, The Automation Partnership(Cambridge) Ltd
Registered Office: York Way, Royston, Hertfordshire, SG8 5WY, UK
Registered in England, Company No:2823205
http://www.automationpartnership.com
Tel: +44 1763 227 403 Fax: +44 1763 227 201
mailto:jonathan.dye at automationpartnership.com

MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk