[Gllug] Screen I just have to share

Mark Lowes hamster at korenwolf.net
Fri May 17 07:57:05 UTC 2002

On Thu, 2002-05-16 at 20:11, Bruce Richardson wrote:
> On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 07:22:20PM +0100, Mark wrote:
> > 100% in agreement but when the company pays for the connection into the
> > home office :)  As for no downtime I'd contest that, what's nice about
> > LLs isn't zero downtime it's the response time when it does go down :)
> Well, in 3 years the only downtime we've had is when BT, who were
> supposed to be putting in the ADSL line, decided to cancel the leased
> line instead.  Useless fscking muppets.

Reminds me of when a customer called up screaming blue murder that their
line was down and making all sorts of threats to the guy on call about
handing over passwords or they'd leave.  BT were very quick on the fault
report they got back to us with "The line has been ceased" and when
questioned who ceased it transpired that the $customer had ceased the
wrong circuit.

I enjoyed talking to him about his threating calls to my techs :)

--
The Flying Hamster <hamster at korenwolf.net>
http://www.korenwolf.net/

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk