[Gllug] Screen I just have to share

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Thu May 16 19:11:26 UTC 2002

On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 07:22:20PM +0100, Mark wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-05-16 at 18:53, Bruce Richardson wrote:
> > This is why we kept our leased line when we installed ADSL.  Key
> > services use the leased line and we route users through the ADSL line.
> > We don't get a *lot* of ADSL downtime but it is unpredictable.  Leased
> > line zero downtime and guaranteed bandwidth.  No contest.
>
> 100% in agreement but when the company pays for the connection into the
> home office :)  As for no downtime I'd contest that, what's nice about
> LLs isn't zero downtime it's the response time when it does go down :)

Well, in 3 years the only downtime we've had is when BT, who were
supposed to be putting in the ADSL line, decided to cancel the leased
line instead.  Useless fscking muppets.

--
Bruce

You can fool some of the people all the time, you can fool all of
the people some of the time but you can never fool your mother.