[Gllug] Compiling a Kernel

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Sun May 26 22:31:54 UTC 2002

On Sun, 26 May 2002, Dave Jones mused:
> On Sun, May 26, 2002 at 07:10:21PM +0100, Nix wrote:
>  > > can't solve your problem, but i'd like to point out that "make menuconfig"
>  > > is easier than "make config", me thinks.
>  > And, if you've just patched a kernel to a new version and hence have an
>  > old .config available, `make oldconfig' is exactly what Harry asked for. :)
>
> And if you build dozens of kernels a day, things like bash completions
> make life sooo much easier 8-) 'make m<TAB>', 'make o<TAB>' etc..

This is surely what little scripts are for.

(hacking up a little script to profile GCC with oprofile, test-coverage
analyze it with gcov and profile it with -pg in succession... about 140
hours for a single run, but this is what computer time is for,
surely... ;} )

--
`Well, if you think about it, Andrew is a strategic part of the Internet.'
                                      --- Kieran on Andrew Gierth

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk