[OT] Jim's signatures (was: Re: [Gllug] Gllug Changing)

Jim Bailey jim at lateral.net
Fri May 17 02:10:46 UTC 2002

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 01:44:26AM +0100, Stig Brautaset wrote:
> * Jim Bailey <jim at lateral.net> spake thus:
> > Peace Jim
> >
> > "Walk prudently when you go to the house house of God; and draw near to
> > hear rather than give the sacrifice of fools for they do not know that
> > they do evil."
> > --Ecclesiastes 5:1
>
> Okay, I've been wondering about this for a while now (quite a while
> actually): you seem to change signatures more often than I change socks,
> and they're all so fsck'ing deep as well... Do you have a gigantic
> fortune file of extreme wisdom you pull your signatures from, or have
> you gathered them yourself? :)

I gather most of them myself, you have got to remember that I am a bit
of an old b*st*rd and have been reading books on philosophy, religion,
history and art since I were a nipper.  some I know of by heart, others
I can remember partly and where I read it and google for the exact
quote.  I do wish I could remember more practical things.  Sometimes I
stumble across a site with a load of good quotes and use the ones I
like.

I often like the sig I see in other peoples posts but I like my own to
highlight a point I have made, even if like above it is to slap my self
about for been a pratt.

> If the latter, is that your full-time job?

No my full time job is to stare at a browser running BB and think "yep
it is still working" which gives me plenty of time to search for the
right quote for my sig. ;-)

> Stig, tired and very impressed

What would impress me is if I could live and write the life I quote or
even get good enough at coding to write a script to automate some of
work involved.

Peace Jim

"My education has only been interupted by 18 years of schooling."
--George Bernard Shaw

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk