[Gllug] Online banking

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Thu May 16 18:00:05 UTC 2002

On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 06:32:44PM +0100, Richard Cohen wrote:
> On Thu, 16 May 2002, Simon Stewart wrote:
> > On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 06:05:46PM +0100, Richard Cohen wrote:
> > > [Warning - bank advert follows]
> [snip]
> > > List, create, edit and delete standing orders.
> > > View statement (from the date of the last monthly paper statement, I think).
> > > Make payments to well-known destinations (taxes, banks, utilities and so on)
> > > 	or to arbitrary UK bank accounts, apparently including other
> > > 	accounts of my own, but I've only got one account with them...
> > > List direct Debits with last amount paid.
> > > Apply for (and probably manage - I don't have any of these) an overdraft,
> > > loan, insurance and so on.
> > >
> > > They do seem to be actively developing the site - the "transfer money to
> > > arbitrary account" was only added a few weeks ago.

<snip>

> > Can you also manage your Direct Debits and/or any standing payments
> > (rent, for example)? They're one of my major cash sinks, and they need
> > tweaking from time to time to keep everything on an even keel.
>
> Look a few lines up... :-)

Doh! I added the standing order bit as an after-thought. Was really
wondering about the DDs (there are some I'd like to stop entirely
given half a chance)

> > > I do hope so :-)
> >
> > <tempt target="fate>
> > Seems civil so far
> > </tempt>
>
> You do know how stupid you are, and how much better that you I am, don't
> you?  Just checking...

Pah! I shall attack your use of grammar and nit pick you into a corner
about minor points of detail before claiming victory in this. Once I
get going, that is.

For a start, your ellipsis ended the sentence, and so needed a full
stop after them. :P

Cheers,

Simon

--
`> You never need to use # for anything, either?
 Not to date, but # would suffice if I did.'

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk