[Gllug] File synchronisation

pauln at truemesh.com pauln at truemesh.com
Thu May 9 14:08:50 UTC 2002

I'm looking to synchronise a headless cluster of peers, where each can
write and read.

I don't want to use a shared filesystem (either real or network).

I've initially been testing with rsync derived stuff (rsync, unison,
librsync) for the synchronisation and am looking at a way of triggering
it.

I'm currently running under cron which is fine, but I'd ideally like a
better solution.

Polling seems expensive, but there seems to be a way of doing it in an
event driven way:

http://www.linuxfocus.org/English/March2001/article199.shtml
http://oss.sgi.com/projects/fam/

Has anyone used this either on IRIX or Linux?  Or is there a better way
of doing this.

Paul

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk