[Gllug] Isolating Network Services

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Thu May 30 06:41:22 UTC 2002

On Wed 29 May, Dylan wrote:

> Hey guys
>
> I'm running two networks - a RED (connected to internet via gateway) and GREEN
> (not connected to gateway, carrying user auth [NIS] and shared file systems
> [NFS])
>
> I want to start running rlogin (or secure equivalets) and such like over the
> GREEN network. How do I close those services on the RED side? Each host has 2
> NIC's on separate physical nets with separate subnets (except the gateway -
> only on RED - and a server -only on GREEN).
>
> Any help, pointers whatever welcome...
>
> Dylan

   Sorry, I am NOT an expert, but I would probably have started with only 1
NIC per box, each connected to the GREEN network, with a firewall linking
this on to the RED network. The firewall would separate the local traffic
from everything else. It looks as if you have sufficient hubs and
connections, so would only need to add an old 486 or similar.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk