[Gllug] Linux laptop?

Adrian McMenamin adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk
Tue May 21 18:47:17 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 21 May 2002 4:12 pm, Garry Heaton wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a relatively hassle-free, Linux-friendly laptop?
> Most advertised models don't list the spec in sufficient detail to work
> it out for myself.
>
> Garry Heaton

I am writing this on an IBM 600 - its an old machine (as these things go, from
Morgan's in 1999) and only a Pentium mobile MMX at 233 MHz, but with 96MB and
a 3GB disk, I can run RH 7.3 on it with little difficulty.

Can't get the sound to work though.

But you can probably pick one up cheap somewhere.

Adrian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk