[Gllug] USB Audio?

Kim Hawtin kim at aldigital.co.uk
Wed May 29 08:02:42 UTC 2002

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 03:47:51PM +0100, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> I want to buy a USB audio-out interface for use at work.  I want USB
> because I figure it should be cheap and there's a bit of distance
> between the back of the machine and where I'd like to have my
> headphones (my head).  Plus these things tend to have a nice physical
> volume control.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?  How are the Linux drivers for these
> kinda things these days?

saw a usb midi yesterday ... which is not quite close enuf, but
there are a couple of no-name ones at the TCR saturday markets.

iirr, creative make a usb audio switch box with all the trimmings,
saw a review on a gaming site a month or so ago ... will have a look
see as i suppose i need one too =)

yours,

kim
--
| A.L. Digital Ltd.   Tel: +44 (20) 8742 0755     |  _  ASCII       |

  I want to hack myself and recompile with some better
  default values. --  Bragi

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk