[Gllug] Gllug Changing

Ian Scott ian.scott at mediasurface.com
Wed May 15 16:16:05 UTC 2002

> absolutely agreed.  and yes, i too have been guilty in the past of both
> giving usefull info, and flaming people.  this list seems to be far more
> formal nowadays, and basically, in a nutshell, a lot less fun than it
> used to be.  Q discussion about the gold old days when all we had was a
> candle and a lump of coal.
>
> in the past most of the major contributors to this list have engaged in
> way OT discussions, but still interesting none the less.  this doesnt
> happen anymore, or when it does, its quickly terminated.
>
> now for some people, OT is a waste of bandwidth, but for others its a
> forum to vent an opinion and hopefully become more enlightened and
> informed.
>
> i'd also like to mention that most of the time now, i wont bother
> answering a question, out of simple fear of being shot down by some all
> knowing $deity.  i'd guess this is the same for others aswell.

Well, having only joined a few months ago, I'd disagree.  I tend not to
reply to things unless I'm pretty sure I'm right, but I reckon that's a
good thing.  I have been flamed in the past for stupid posts, and I
deserved it.

Personaly, I feel the flames and the OT threads are very much part of the
list - often more interesting than the on topic bits!

Just my 2p

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk