[Gllug] [:BLIP:]

Jim Bailey jim at lateral.net
Thu May 30 16:12:28 UTC 2002

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 01:56:00PM +0100, Simon Stewart wrote:
> On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 01:10:46PM +0100, Jim Bailey wrote:
> > On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 10:26:42AM +0100, Simon Stewart wrote:
> > >
> > > And Jim, your mailhost appears to be open....
> > >
> > I am not sure what you mean by open?  If you mean it is an open relay I
>
> <snip>
>
> I did, based on the fact that your email had a "[BLIP]" mark on it
> (which is automatically prepended to the subject line by the mail
> system here at Lateral when that the mail came from an open relay)
> Didn't really think, but looking at the list traffic, it appears as if
> _all_ the GLLUG mail has been going through a relay marked as open
> since about 12.30 2002-05-28.

I know what you mean I have seen the [blip] stuff on lots of emails.
Some people seem to have it sometimes, I am not sure why.  Why does this
happen and is it some thing I should be worried about?  A quick google
has revealed nothing relevant and apart from the standard security my
box has nothing in the way of spam filtering either by postfix or
procmail.  Anybody out there got an answer?

Peace Jim

"Ooh this should be fun!"
--My Baldurs Gate character just before she backstabs for 80 points of
damage. :)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk