[Gllug] Lonix - London Linux User Group June Meeting

Tushar Joshi tjoshi at lonix.org.uk
Thu May 30 21:29:43 UTC 2002

Hi ,

Date:  Thur 6 Jun 2002
Time:  6.00pm Onwards
Place: Argyll Arms, 18 Argyll Street, W1 (Tel. 020 7734 6117)
Map: http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=529090&y=181194&z=1&sv=argyll+Street&st=1&tl=Argyll+Street,+W1&searchp=newsearch.srf&mapp=newmap.srf
Tube:  Oxford Circus
Phone: 020 8992 7008

The next meeting will be held upstairs in the
Argyll Arms. It's around the corner ~1 min walk
from Oxford Circus Station on Argyll Street.
We'll be upstairs in the pub around the fire.

We had a great install fest this month, with
many thanks from SuSe for donating many boxed
copies of SuSe professional and O'Reilly for
their generous donation of books. We will start
a mini library service from now on where you'll
be able to borrow these books each meeting and
return them for the next. To see what's on
offer, come along to the meeting. Also if you
borrowed one of the books, then please don't
forget to bring them along.

Also last month we had a great talk from Alan
Cox on the European Copyright Directive that
is due to become law in December. If you missed
the talk you can hear it using an Ogg Vorbis
player from here http://www.odl.qmul.ac.uk/eucd

The Eric Raymond talk we had the previous month
can be heard here http://www.odl.qmul.ac.uk/raymond

We'll keep you posted on future talks as and when
they are finalised.

Tushar Joshi

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk