[Gllug] Too much work, lazy computer!

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Wed May 1 10:56:36 UTC 2002

On Wed 01 May, Jonathan Dye bloviated thus:

> I've had one or two message which I think are from the serial port along the
> same lines but I'm getting hundreds of the eth0 ones.  So is it possible
> that my network card is sharing an IRQ with the serial card?

Quite possible.  Check your mobo docs to see if some slots share
IRQs.  Also, /proc/interrupts.

> As I said, i'm going to compile my own kernel with the preemption patch.

It didn't help my problem but it sure makes for a zippy system!  I'm a
convert.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

The problem with a system that needs competent managers
is that it needs competent managers.
- Graydon Saunders