[Gllug] Too much work, lazy computer!

Jonathan Dye jonathan.dye at automationpartnership.com
Wed May 1 10:17:20 UTC 2002

I've had one or two message which I think are from the serial port along the
same lines but I'm getting hundreds of the eth0 ones.  So is it possible
that my network card is sharing an IRQ with the serial card?

As I said, i'm going to compile my own kernel with the preemption patch.

>From googling around a bit there is a variable that detrmins how much is too
much work in an interrupt, I don't know what the units are for this (time or
clock ticks).

JD

MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk