[Gllug] Perl / PHP

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Thu May 9 17:20:05 UTC 2002

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 05:40:58PM +0100, Ms. Lene Jensen wrote:

> Another thing I hate with Perl, is the ease you can write really bad
> scripts.  The fact that you don't have to declare variables (yeah, yeah,
> I know about use strict), makes my skin crawl.  Also reminds of the
> (urban?) legend of the rocket ship that was lost because of variables
> and fortran...

That's a somewhat specious argument, because you don't need to declare
variables in PHP either. And what about use st... ahh... you've
already mentioned that ;)

Cheers,

Simon

--
"I was born by Caesarean section, but you really can't tell...except
that when I leave my house, I always go out the window..."

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk