[Gllug] Perl / PHP

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Fri May 10 09:32:09 UTC 2002

>Tet, take a look at the PEAR::DB classes. Obviously, we all the One
>True Way of doing this is to use Java servlets :P

Having first hand experience of the problems we've had with our
corporate web site which uses servlets, I can categorically state
that I'd put them well down the list (below both Perl and PHP)
when choosing how to implement a new site. Obviously, YMMV, but
for me, they're far more trouble than they're worth. Development
time is significantly longer, run time performance is worse, and
if I never see another "servlet error 500" message, I'll be a
happy man...

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk