[:BLIP:]open relays? [was] Re: OT: word play (was Re: [:BLIP:]Re: [Gllug] Linux based banking)

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Thu May 30 12:56:00 UTC 2002

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 01:10:46PM +0100, Jim Bailey wrote:
> On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 10:26:42AM +0100, Simon Stewart wrote:
> >
> > And Jim, your mailhost appears to be open....
> >
> I am not sure what you mean by open?  If you mean it is an open relay I

<snip>

I did, based on the fact that your email had a "[BLIP]" mark on it
(which is automatically prepended to the subject line by the mail
system here at Lateral when that the mail came from an open relay)
Didn't really think, but looking at the list traffic, it appears as if
_all_ the GLLUG mail has been going through a relay marked as open
since about 12.30 2002-05-28.

Cheers,

Simon

--
"Some people think George is weird, because he has sideburns behind
his ears... I think George is weird, because he has false

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk