[Gllug] Unable to soft reset, must Hard reset, with SuSE 8.

Colin Murphy SpudULike at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed May 22 11:22:19 UTC 2002

While I'm at it..........

When I need to reset my machine to get the SCSI device I so fooloishly
forgot to turn on running again, I have to do a hard, power down, reset.
Hitting the reset switch results in the machine locking up when it comes
to look at the third ide drive, a hard disk.

This is on an ASUS P2B motherboard and the drive it locks up on is an
ST340810A if that makes a difference.

Anyone else suffered this?

What are the likely causes?

What extra info should I try to gather together before I hassle^h^h^Hask
SuSE?
--
Colin Murphy
SpudULike at blueyonder.co.uk

If God had meant me to type, he would have given me 105 fingers.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk