[Gllug] *****SPAM***** mail attachements

Dave Cridland [Home] dave at cridland.net
Sat Nov 23 00:15:16 UTC 2002

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002 18:21:46 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)
"Priapus8ins" <priapus9ins at btopenworld.com> wrote:

> Hi John Southern thanks for the reply but as for the e-mail attachments I
> did not send any I have run Norton anti virus but its says there is nothing
> wrong so I am sorry if I have caused problems.

You *are* sending attachments - the image used for your background, for
instance, is sent as an attachment, as well as the other image in your email.

Moreover, you're sending the entire email twice anyway, since you're
sending both a plain text part and exactly the same message rendered as
HTML.

That's fine for sending email to an individual, but consider this:

Your plain text message is 531 bytes (or octets for the purists).

The HTML version and images weigh in at 13.2k, and have been carefully
sent to however many people are subscribed to this list - probably quite
a lot - almost none of whom will want it.

Dave.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk