[Gllug] bridging ports on a 3com switch

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Thu Nov 28 21:07:01 UTC 2002

My brother who is still stuck at work trying to get a wireless link
going has run into a couple of difficulties.

He has four wireless arials two on either side of the divide.

He is trying to bridge two ports on a 3com switch either side to allow
all four arials to be used to double the bandwidth.

At present it is possible to ping and ssh from one side to the other but
not the other way round.

If the patch cables are reversed it is possible to do so the other way
round.

I cannot think of a logical reason how the routing should be affected to
produce this result.

Does anyone have any ideas, or have they experienced this before?

Kind regards
Xander

--
Honesty pays, but it doesn't seem to pay enough to suit some people.
		-- F.M. Hubbard

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk