[Gllug] Monthly GLLUG grammer report

Peter Rutherford peter_m_r at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 28 20:35:39 UTC 2002

> > Yes, and an Arizona school board declared Pi to be
approximately 4
> > in order to simplify the maths. Neither are right,
though...>
> I thought they tried to make pi 3, arguing that this
made it
> consistent with the bible.
I thought so too, 'cause I seem to remember that their
decision would
require the state's car manufacturers to produce cars
with hexagonal
steering wheels and tyres....

Good, isn't it? Here is a reference:
http://www.agecon.purdue.edu/crd/localgov/Second%20Level%20pages/indiana_pi_bill.htm

But at least they didn't split infinitives or use
perverse apostrophes.

They could have declared the year to have 360 days
so that it was more readily divisible into exact
amounts. An annual five day holiday to celebrate
the wisdom of the idea would be good.

Peter R.

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk