[Gllug] Monthly GLLUG grammer report

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Fri Nov 29 09:34:20 UTC 2002

>They could have declared the year to have 360 days
>so that it was more readily divisible into exact
>amounts. An annual five day holiday to celebrate
>the wisdom of the idea would be good.

You may joke about that, but several of the metric time groups have proposed
similar systems. Various poeple have suggested a 10 day week, with a 3 day
weekend, and a 5 day yearly break to make up the difference. Isaac Asimov
wrote an interesting article on metric time in one of his Fantasy and Science
Fiction magazine articles (I'd give a complete reference, but it's at home,
and I'm at work :-)

Still, at least it's better than those that decide to develop a metric
time system based around our existing definition of the second (yes, some
people really are that dense!)

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk