[Gllug] bridging ports on a 3com switch

Matthew Thompson matt at actuality.co.uk
Fri Nov 29 08:13:30 UTC 2002

On Thursday, November 28, 2002, at 09:07 PM, Xander D Harkness wrote:

> He is trying to bridge two ports on a 3com switch either side to allow
> all four arials to be used to double the bandwidth.
>
> At present it is possible to ping and ssh from one side to the other
> but not the other way round.
>
> If the patch cables are reversed it is possible to do so the other way
> round.

What do you mean by "If the patch cables are reversed"? As I understand
it you have 2 switches at either end of "the divide", one at the dark
side and one at the light side. Are you linking one port on the light
to one on the dar or are you linking two ports on each to the other?

If it's the latter it may be something like spanning tree kicking in.
If so try just one port to one port.

M at t :o)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk