[Gllug] Linuxemporium - Pink Tie

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Thu Nov 21 22:06:20 UTC 2002

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 01:20:49PM +0000, Adam wrote:
> Its funny though, what attracted me to Debian is that I have been able
> to install it on any machine I have ever met. I have had many problems
> trying to install Mandrake, Redhat etc. onto various machines in the
> past because they have tried to do flashy things with the installer and
> use the most cutting edge software that they can find.

Red Hat and Mandrake both have the option of text-mode "expert"
installation.  Some people find the way one distro does things
intuitive, some another.  Personally (debian user), I think choice of
distribution is more a matter of aesthetics than anything else.  Like a
favourite colour.

> Debian I would have given up hope with Linux as Redhat wouldn't install
> on my machine back then. Debian has a much more flexible installer than
> any of the other distros,

It's also a very unfriendly one, which not even the developers deny.

--
Bruce

You can fool some of the people all the time, you can fool all of
the people some of the time but you can never fool your mother.