[Gllug] postfix setup: How do I find out what host I am?

John Hearns John.Hearns at cern.ch
Thu Nov 28 09:16:32 UTC 2002

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, Laurence Turpin wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am trying to setup postfix on a standalone pc.
> According to some instructions I have I need to configure my main.cf
>
> myhostname = yourhost.someprovider.com
> mydomain = someprovider.com
> myorigin = $mydomain

Laurence, I agree with Andy's reply.
Are you sure that you need to do this, given that you are using a single
PC with virgin net as your ISP?
It might be helpful if you give us a bit more info on your setup.

By the way, as Postfix configuration has come up a few times on the list,
I can say that buying a book on it is definitely a good investment.
The one I used was titled 'Postfix', author Richard Blum, published by
Sams.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk