[Gllug] Onetel are CRAP!!

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Sat Nov 2 11:30:15 UTC 2002

Dermot Moynihan(dermoyn at onetel.net.uk)@Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 08:00:51AM +0000:
> Thanks Daniel.
> Gotta admit that It's come as a bit of a surprise to find somebody at a
> forum dedicated to Linux defending, indeed  extolling the merits of, a
> multinational. I had thought there was a bit of a philosophy behind Linux.
> And that, consequently, Linux enthusiasts subscribed to that philosophy.
> That's one of the things that attracted me.
> All the best
> Dermot.

OK, i'm curious.  how different from other computer enthusiasts did you
think the penguinistas would be?  Not everyone follows or necessarily
agrees with everything RMS says.  or ESR for that matter, or any other
spokesperson for the 'movement'.

There's a variety of people that use linux.  For some its ideology, or
political statement and for others its just because at some level it
just plain works for them.  Infact, there's more reasons than i can
think of for choosing linux over any other $OS.  There is no one
all binding principle that ties us together, heck not even everyone
drinks, so i cant even use that old excuse.

Linux rocks, and for me at least, its an attempt at sticking a pin in
the eye of large all consuming corportaions and other entities that wish
to control my life for me.  But i doubt everyone here shares that view.

Now, where's my sandals, and why's my cave so cold this time of year?

--
keys:  http://codex.net/pgp/gpg.asc http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

 Never test for a bug you don't know how to fix

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk