Why did you choose Linux? (was Re: [Gllug] Onetel are CRAP!!)

John Davies johnny5_tc at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Nov 2 11:46:22 UTC 2002

I originally got into Linux purely because it was a
free (beer) UNIX clone available for PC hardware. I
prefered the philosophy behind UNIX as opposed to
Windows.

I was aware of alternatives like FreeBSD but I can't
remember why I chose Linux over it. Maybe it was
because Linux had (and still does) bigger mindshare.

It was only after started using Linux, that I
understood the free speech argument.

--- Vincent AE Scott <gllug at codex.net> wrote:
> There's a variety of people that use linux.  For
> some its ideology, or
> political statement and for others its just because
> at some level it
> just plain works for them.

HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/