[Gllug] fluxbox/debian

Simon A. Boggis simon at dcs.qmul.ac.uk
Thu Nov 14 19:47:45 UTC 2002

On Thu, 2002-11-14 at 17:56, will wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just tried to set the background wallpaper for fluxbox (a blackbox type window
> manager) and got the following error:
>
> bash-2.05a$ bsetbg  -f /usr/share/wallpapers/Debian.jpg
>
> bsetbg: error: tried to run 'xsri --scale-width=100 --scale-width=100' for -f
> argument,
> bsetbg: but couldnt find 'xsri' in the path! please fix the following
> bsetbg: line in /home/will/.fluxbox/bsetbg to point to an existing application:
> bsetbg: FULL="xsri --scale-width=100 --scale-width=100"
>
> I have searched for xsri on the local system and it doesn't appear to be there,
> and also 'apt-cache search xsri' does not turn anything up.  Am I searching
> properly for the package that provides this, and if so, what do I need to
> install to provide xsri?  I have found a load of links to RPM's on google, and
> searched the package lists for Debian but have not found anything.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
> Will.

Whilst dlocate is pretty useful for searching for the names of installed
files, I don't think apt-cache search searches by filename. There is
almost certainly something for searching by file for non-installed
packages, but I tend to jump straight to https://packages.debian.org,
where you can search by package or file name in all possible releases.

As far as I can see there is no file called xsri in stable, testing or
unstable.

It looks to me like a dot file in your home dir is requesting xsri:

> bsetbg: line in /home/will/.fluxbox/bsetbg to point to an existing application:
> bsetbg: FULL="xsri --scale-width=100 --scale-width=100"

I would try moving that preferences file for bsetbg aside to see if the
default works? If not, edit the FULL=... line to use something else.

Simon

Dr Simon A. Boggis                                  Systems Programmer
Department of Computer Science,                     Tel. 020 7882 7522
Queen Mary, University of London, London E1 4NS UK.
---- GPG public key <http://www.dcs.qmul.ac.uk/~simon/#publickey> ----

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk