[Gllug] ADSL or cable?

Robert McKay robert at mckay.com
Mon Nov 11 17:32:23 UTC 2002

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002, Stephen Harker wrote:

> ADSL is supposed to be able to reach speeds up to 8Mbps it's just not
> even mentioned/offered by BT. I don't think their creaky old copper can
> handle it :-)
> Steve

Apparently some of it can.. Easynet offer 8Mbit ADSL on some exchanges..

http://www.uk.easynet.net/solutions/solutions_dsl_llu.asp

they have a wide range of other non-BT ADSL/RADSL/SDSL products too.. I'm
not sure how widely available they are -- I assume they're only available
in exchanges where easynet have their own equipment installed.

-Robert.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk