[Gllug] Physical Access Control

Richard Hall r.j.hall at rhul.ac.uk
Mon Nov 11 18:19:49 UTC 2002

Grosvenor binned the project apparently after a lack of interest.

It's strange I would of thought that Linux and embedded linux would be
ideal platforms for physical access control solutions but everyone seems
to use Windows OS for it.   I must have spoken to 15 different companies
but I have only found one so far that offers a Unix solution and that is
for airports (not just 5 doors).   If I wasn't so crap at programming
I'd start a project myself.

Rich

D wrote:

>Grovenor was working on Janus for unix OS's at one point, dont know how that
>got on as at the time they saked a load of there programmers for
>incompitance : ).
>
>Dont have a link handy right now.
>
>D!