[Gllug] distro debate

SteveC steve at fractalus.com
Thu Nov 14 18:09:03 UTC 2002

My little bro has some old copy of SuSE on his machine,
dual boot with windows. He dislikes SuSE. :-)

I was thinking mandrake, or one of these next gen distros
like lindows or something. Basically all he does is write
essays and play mp3s/avis/mpegs and the box isn't on the
net in any way. But I don't get to play with distros much
so i'm looking for opinions on complete newbie distros...
Running stuff under wine probably isn't too important, but
nice.

BTW I'm moving from Debian-testing to gentoo right now on
my iBook. Pretty fun so far.

have fun,

SteveC steve at fractalus.com http://www.fractalus.com/steve/

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk