[Gllug] distro debate

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Thu Nov 14 18:11:24 UTC 2002

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, SteveC wrote:

> I was thinking mandrake, or one of these next gen distros
> like lindows or something. Basically all he does is write
> essays and play mp3s/avis/mpegs and the box isn't on the
> net in any way. But I don't get to play with distros much
> so i'm looking for opinions on complete newbie distros...
> Running stuff under wine probably isn't too important, but
> nice.

What does he actually *want* from the box? You've said what you think he
does with it currently but the two may not be the same thing.

I'm currently using a RH 7.3 based desktop. I've added various things
along the way but not an enormous amount. I'm also occassionally using
Knoppix - the Debian based desktop distro on a CD.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/			Sign Up Now

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk