[Gllug] Onetel are CRAP!!

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Mon Nov 4 12:30:17 UTC 2002

On Monday 04 November 2002 12:05, David Damerell wrote:
> On Monday, 4 Nov 2002, Dylan wrote:
> >In fact, the OneTel billing system works a fair way in arrears:
> > calls/internet usage in January are billed in February and charged in
> > March. I'd say that was a fair amount of time to question your bill.
>
> That sounds like 1 month's notice. If that seems like sufficient time
> to question a bogus bill, I deduce you are not an NTL customer. :-)

I have been an NTL customer, but no more. As it happens, my request to cancel
the subscription generated a cold-call from a "customer service manager".
After ten minutes my billing and servive issues were resolved, and my
subscription charge was reduced to its pre-price-rise level. I still dumped
them tho. And when it comes to it. SKY are not much cop either, I just figure
I'll pay to ONE virtual monopoly, rather than TWO.

wrt a month being adequate time, it is. If the company cannot resolve the
issue by then, you are well within your rights to inform them you will be
witholding payment - and instruct your bank to that effect. I do this fairly
often, almost always with satisfactory results. Alternatively, take the
option to NOT pay by DD.

As it happens, when I worked for OneTel, billing 'issues' were prioritised,
because they were seen as important to customer satisfaction. In fielding 70+
calls per shift, eight or so would be billing queries, almost all related to
bills and payments crossing in the post or other systems. That is not to say
I'm defending them, it's just a fact.

Dylan

--
"Sweet moderation