[Gllug] Linux config suitable for everyone...

Pete Ryland pdr at pdr.cx
Tue Nov 26 23:48:56 UTC 2002

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 11:37:40 +0000, Stig Brautaset wrote:
> On Nov 26 2002, Stig wrote:
> From my 3 minutes with Konqueror, I see that it does not use tt-fonts.
> Mozilla, however, does. I cannot find any font settings in Konqueror's
> settings-menu, but I probably didn't try hard enough (yet).

It should be a qt setting, on by default (not that I use kde, or even have
it installed anywhere).

> Konq is _ugly_ though, but I'm sure that's configurable too. Here's what
> they both look like on my system (advertising my own webpage to boot):
>
> 	http://printf.net/~stig/konq.png
> 	http://printf.net/~stig/moz.png

I agree.  And really I should be biased since my brother works for
Trolltech, but yeah, IMO too, it is ugly.  However, it is extremely
consistant with the rest of kde giving it lots of bonus points for
ease-of-use.

> > > Good reasons I think are stability, GUI consistancy and user
> > > friendliness.
>
> I notice Konq acts like a file browser too.
> That's an area Mozilla could be better...

It all comes back to the kitchen sink vs lots of tools that do one job well
debate. :)  And no, I'm not about to throw emacs at some unsuspecting
technophobe, as consistent as it is. :)

Pete

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk