[Gllug] ANTHONY THABO

Vidar Hokstad vidar at hokstad.name
Fri Nov 1 14:37:56 UTC 2002

On Fri, 2002-11-01 at 14:17, Liad Bokovsky wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 01:27:50PM +0000 , Liad Bokovsky mentioned that:
>
> I got these sort of e-mail as well. I actually played around with that
> person for a while, asking questions about his life, his dad and bein
> very sympatetic in general (he was from Zimbabwe, AFAIK).
>
> At some point, the poor guy actually gave me a 'better' e-mail address
> to get a hold of because he wasn't checking his yahoo.com aaccount to
> often. That's when the fun actually began... (for obvious reasons...)
>
> When sending a spam to abuse at someone-non-caring-isp.com doesn't work,
> cooporate and attack the attacker - worked for me :-). I got his ISP to
> block his account.

I'd be careful and rather report the original spam to the appropriate
authorities if I were you. True, often these frauds originate from
people operating alone with no backing, and pose no threat.

But some of them also originate from organized crime groups in Nigeria,
South Africa and other countries, which do have connections far outside
Africa, and that have in the past killed people who've interfered with
their activities.

The odds are probably in your favour, but it's a bet I personally
wouldn't like to take :)

Vidar

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk