[Gllug] ADSL or cable?

Daniel Andersson daniel at septum.org
Mon Nov 11 09:09:46 UTC 2002

> Since my dial-up connection was cut to 33kbps when BT installed a DACS
> box recently, I've been thinking about switching to ADSL or cable modem.
> I also need a fast connection for updating my Linux and FreeBSD machines.
>
> Is either one better than the other? Any recommendations?

don't know what the adsl-people provide, but blueyonder can provide you with
a 1mbit connection, which is quite nice compared to 0.5mbit (duh)

it's also very very easy to connect any machine/os to blueyonder since they
give you a normal cat5-cable which you connect to your network card and
woha, you're up and running :)

/ d

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk