[Gllug] Monthly GLLUG grammar report

Adam Bower adam.bower at framestore-cfc.com
Tue Nov 26 11:12:02 UTC 2002

Tethys wrote:

> Quite how it's possible to get through school without learning at least
> some minimal grasp of the English language is beyond me, but somehow
> people manage it.

You left school quite some time ago, or at least didn't go to any as bad
as I did. After asking about things like this I realised that teachers
didn't have a clue about how to explain these things to us. Some
teachers would contradict what other teachers had told us and vice
versa. Even now my english is still pretty bad, spoken english is not so
bad but when trying to deal with correct punctuation I find it a real
headache. This is now why I have no faith in the education system in
this country, its not that you can blame the kids, you should be blaming
the teachers.

Thanks
Adam
PS feel free to correct my writing as applicable.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk