[Gllug] Monthly GLLUG grammar report (OT)

Jonathan Harker jharker at massey.ac.nz
Tue Nov 26 20:13:33 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 27 Nov 2002 12:12 am, Adam Bower wrote:
> This is now why I have no faith in the education system in
> this country, its not that you can blame the kids, you should be blaming
> the teachers.

I went to teachers college, and learned with the people who will presumably be
teaching my kids (if indeed I ever end up with any!) at primary school. This
is why I will be seriously thinking about correspondence school/home
learning. "I wouldn't trust most of them to sit the right way on a lavatory
seat." (Rowan Atkinson)

I was in a secondary science class, and one guy was trying to tell us that
evolution/Darwinism was a Freemason conspiracy to shut down the church. That
sort of thing just makes me splutter. He shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a
science classroom!

--
Jonathan Harker
www.jonathanharker.co.uk

Russell Hammond: I'm telling secrets to the one guy you don't tell
secrets to.
    - "Almost Famous"

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk