[Gllug] imaging Linux partition

Dermot Moynihan dermoyn at onetel.net.uk
Wed Nov 13 13:59:33 UTC 2002

Anybody know the answer to the following:
If I make an image of my main LInux partition (i.e not the swap) onto 3 CDs
using ghost, can I then, using these CDs and ghost, install Linux onto an
other hard drive where I've already created a partition for the Linux.
I have 1 PC and swap over 2 removable hard drives - one has linux working
nicely (with which I've been practising) the other is my main h/d with
Windows (which eagerly awaits the arrival of Linux).
I boot Linux from a floppy.
Thanks
Dermot

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk